A fungal skin infection, often known as mycosis, is a skin condition that can cause great discomfort and also lower a person’s self-esteem as a result. Anyone can develop these skin conditions, as well. Thus, it’s important to keep an eye out for signs including irritation, scaly skin, redness, itching, and swelling.
Consult a dermatologist for patient counseling as soon as any of these symptoms emerge on your skin. Receiving fast and expert care will aid you in preventing and treating the infection as soon as possible.
The most typical fungal infections of the skin include the following:
- Athlete’s foot can form between the toes and cause stinging, burning, and itching.
- Ringworm is a ring-shaped rash with slightly elevated margins produced by ringworm of the body and scalp. Bald areas with a red or scaly appearance are caused by scalp diseases.
- Tinea versicolor is a small discolored patches that appears on the skin of the back, chest, and arms.
- Onychomycosis is a nail condition that causes thickened, discolored, or brittle nails.
- Jock itch is a red rash that appears between the thighs or in the groin area; it often gets worse after exercise and can eventually migrate to the buttocks and tummy.
Thankfully, skincare solutions can effectively heal these illnesses. Additionally, preventing fungal infections requires basic cleanliness. OTC drugs that your dermatologist will prescribe for you are available at any pharmacy in Brownsville, Texas.
Alamo Pharmacy is your friendly provider of professional pharmaceutical care in Texas that aims to improve our customers’ quality of life and wellness. We house a variety of wellness solutions that target various needs.
Send us a message to learn more about our services and medical supplies in Brownsville, Texas.
Leave a Reply